A quick and easy recipe for making homemade peanut butter
Peanut butter is great food, rich in nutrients like vegetable proteins, good fats, fiber, and linoleic acid. For those who practice sports, it can be an extraordinary and delicious source of energy, while for the sweet tooth, it is still a versatile ingredient to be enjoyed at breakfast or for a healthy snack at all hours of the day.
However, what we commonly find in supermarkets contains additional sugars and fats, which, if consumed in excessive quantities, can be harmful to health.
So why not do it at home?
Homemade peanut butter is a tasty cream that is made very simply with roasted peanuts. Tasty and energetic, it is excellent for breakfast on toasted bread and rusks with the addition of red fruit jam. It is not difficult to find peanut butter at the supermarket, but the home version is undoubtedly healthier. So, you should equip yourself with a very powerful blender.
How to make homemade peanut butter in blender
The recipe is really simple! With the blender just a few ingredients, a few minutes, and you will have your homemade peanut butter ready to be spread.
- 250 g shelled peanuts (unsalted)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, honey, or agave syrup (optional for sweetening)
- 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil or peanut oil
- 1 pinch of salt
Let’s find out how to prepare homemade peanut butter together!
- Shell the peanuts. We advise you to buy those to be shelled because those already ready are normally enriched with a lot of salt
- Toast the peanuts for about 5 minutes in a pan or in the oven
- Let them cool slightly, and pour them into the jug of your blender
- Run the blender and chop the peanuts into powder
- Continue to chop until you get a creamy mixture
- Depending on the desired consistency, season with 2 teaspoons of olive oil or peanut oil
- Add a pinch of salt for a stronger taste
- Depending on the desired flavor, add 1 teaspoon of sugar, honey, or agave syrup
At this point, your peanut butter is ready! With these doses, you will get about 250gr of product. Put it in a closed jar and keep it in the fridge for up to a week.