A healthy dessert to reuse chocolate from Easter eggs. Do you love sweets but also pay close attention to having a healthy diet?
What if we told you that you could make a tasty yet healthy dessert? Perfect for those who love chocolate and take just a few minutes?
You understood very well!
This is the chocolate and avocado mousse: a greedy idea, also suitable for last-minute guests because it is really easy and quick to prepare, ideal during the Easter period to reuse the leftovers of chocolate eggs or, why not, just like dessert at lunch.
Chocolate is well known, everyone agrees, while avocado is a soft, tasty, and vegan alternative to butter. It contains calcium, potassium, many fibers, and a good amount of monounsaturated fats, the so-called “good fats”, which help our body to defend the heart and fight diabetes.
The ingredients of this mousse are few and simple, and to make it. You just need to combine them and operate the blender, which will do everything else.
Let’s see better everything necessary and the procedure.
- 10gr of unsweetened cocoa powder or 100gr of dark or milk chocolate
- 1 ripe avocado
- half a banana
- 40g of sugar
- a few mint leaves and chocolate chips for garnish
- Divide the avocado in half, remove the stone and with a spoon, remove the pulp and put it in the blender
- Peel the banana and put half of it in the blender, cutting it into slices
- Add the sugar to the blender too
- If you use cocoa powder, you can directly put it in the blender. If you have dark or milk chocolate, melt it in the microwave or in a bain-marie and then put it in the blender.
- Blend everything until you get a homogeneous and creamy mixture
- Let the resulting mousse rest for about 15-25 minutes in the fridge
- Serve it in bowls or glasses and garnish it with blueberries, chocolate flakes, and a mint leaf.
How to change the density
If you want to change the density of the mousse, try adding some milk as well.
To mix after corrections, use the Touch function for the necessary time (about 30 to 60 seconds).
More tips for garnishing
Feel free to let your imagination run wild! You can use blueberries, coarsely chopped pistachios, almonds, or even raspberries or strawberries.