In addition to being sweet and colorful, pineapple is good for the skin, strengthens the bones, and does not make you fat. You can eat it all year round, and it prevents hypertension.
Difficult to find fruit, among other things available all year round, more full of benefits than pineapple. From the pulp (rich in vitamin C) to the juice (anti-cellulite phytotherapy with draining properties that help to dispose of excess fluids and swelling).
Properties and benefits of pineapple
Sweet, colorful, and delicious, it has a sugary and refreshing taste that makes it one of the most popular fruits. The pineapple diet has also been popular for years. It helps to keep the stomach flat and cleanses the body. Its properties are surprising and promote well-being at all times of the year. The pineapple diet is included in the list of fast diets because it only lasts four days, and we can repeat it cyclically after a month. This is because, despite being a simple and easy-to-follow diet, it must be part of a balanced diet.
Benefits of pineapple
To make the most of the nutritional properties of pineapple, we must consume it fresh. A portion of 100 grams of raw pineapple is an excellent source of manganese and of vitamin C. In addition, it provides the body with potassium, copper, calcium, magnesium, beta-carotene, thiamine, B6, and folate, as well as soluble and insoluble fiber. Its greatest benefits are due to the content of the enzyme bromelain, which produces a draining and anti-inflammatory effect. In addition, it aids in the digestion of proteins. For this reason, pineapple should be consumed after a meal.
In addition to these benefits, let’s find out what are the ten benefits of consuming yellow fruit :
- Strengthens the nails. If we fear that our nails will break, consuming pineapple will strengthen them.
- Anti-aging effect. A real ally against wrinkles and bone aging. It removes inflammation in the joints and muscles, especially those associated with arthritis.
- It cleanses the body. Thanks to its water supply, it promotes the elimination of toxins and diuresis. A real daily panacea.
- Natural anti-inflammatory. Especially in winter, pineapple is useful against coughs and colds. Its natural anti-inflammatory properties support medicines by protecting our body from infections.
- Promotes digestion. It is a source of fiber, and this makes it easier to digest. Furthermore, it is very useful in case of diarrhea or colitis.
- Strengthen your teeth. The antioxidant properties of pineapple are also good for the mouth, preventing oral cancer and strengthening the teeth and gums.
- Helps the eyesight. The presence of beta-carotene helps maintain the efficiency of the visual field by counteracting macular degeneration, which can cause loss of vision.
- Makes you lose weight. The sweet taste could deceive us. In fact, bromelain counteracts cellulite and reduces localized inflammation. These properties make it suitable for weight loss diets.
- Reduces hypertension. People with high blood pressure should eat pineapple often. The high potassium content and the minimal amount of sodium help keep the pressure at bay.
- Tone your muscles. An ideal fruit for those who practice intense sporting activities. After physical activity, it provides an adequate supply of mineral salts and quenches thirst quickly.